Swift implementation of NetSuite ERP for a large telecom services provider across multiple countries.
The client, a large telecommunication services provider with subsidiaries across multiple countries, required a world class system to manage their business operations and financials which were hitherto being managed across disparate systems leading to increased reporting timeframes and synchronization arising from inadequate consolidation. An efficient, centralized organization-wide system was required to address them, and conform to global financial reporting regulations.
The challenges were manifold, due to the client being in the services industry with mission critical needs, including complex billing and accounting, while adhering to reporting protocols of various regulatory bodies. The client required a quick, seamless transition to the NetSuite platform, migrating from their existing disparate applications, while accommodating their fast-paced, real time transaction centric business volume. All this coupled with ever expanding volumes of data that also required to be integrated and imported into NetSuite made for a challenging environment.
The Simplion Solution
Considering the demanding timelines, Simplion adopted a parallel approach to implementing NetSuite and executed activities related to configuration, customization, and migration in integrated and parallel running phases. The complete end-to-end implementation, from requirements gathering to go-live and maintenance support was managed by the same team of solutions architects, consultants and domain experts, who worked as a dedicated team to deliver a world class implementation well within the stringent timeframes set by the client.
Simplion delivered the complete solution including planning, solution fitment analysis, application mapping, configuration, data migration, integration, training and custom module development on NetSuite SAAS Enterprise platform.
The deployed solution included:
- Financials and advanced financials, including subsidiary management, amortization, fixed assets, global reporting and consolidation
- Workflow implementation including advanced approval routing and multi-threaded approvals
- Accounts receivable including cash sales, billing and invoice consolidation
- Revenue recognition, including acceleration, cancellation which comply with AICPA, FASB and SEC regulations (including SOP 97-2 and 98-9, SOP 81-1, SAB, 101, EITF 00-21, EITF 08-01 and EITF 09-03)
- Complete accounts payable implementation from procure request to pay cycles
- Business intelligence, MIS, dashboards, Aaerts, portlets setup
- Integration with other applications like Salesforce, Concur and data warehouse using RESTful web services, SOAP and other technologies